Hello! I’m a freelance journalist who lives in London. After graduating from Brown University, I lived and worked in Beijing for 2.5 years as an editor of an English expat magazine. After completing my Master’s degree in journalism from RMIT in Melbourne, I spent a year as a TV reporter in Beijing and now live in London. You can follow me on Twitter @JessicaLPan.
My friend Rachel and I co-wrote a book about living in Beijing (my part) and living in Paris (her part). It’s called GRADUATES IN WONDERLAND (Penguin Group). To find out much, much more, visit www.graduatesinwonderland.com.
In the meantime, you’ll find me writing about everything from historical baking columns to Elf School to being a professional introvert. Here are a few features clips:
- Guardian Weekend Magazine: what happens when you talk to strangers
- Lenny Letter: wild swimming with my doppelgänger
- The Cut / NYMAG: advice for Meghan Markle
- Guardian Weekend Magazine: my take on English culture and football
- Jezebel: my experience with elves in Iceland
- Broadly/VICE: reported life and health features
- Celebrity profiles: Lily Allen, Lizzy Caplan, and Ed Byrne
- Sunday Magazine: the author behind the trend of embracing spinsterhood
I am very partial to North London and welcome any and all tips about the best places for: iced coffee, cute dog sightings, open water swimming and authentic Chinese food. And tacos. Where are the good tacos?
My second book, SORRY I’M LATE, I DIDN’T WANT TO COME is out in May 2019 in the US and the UK (and the Netherlands!).
Want to keep in touch? Sign up for my TinyLetter newsletter.